Reminders Before Traveling Alone
1. Make sure you have a signature, a valid passport and visa, if necessary. Also, before leaving, complete the information page emergency passport!
2. Read the Consular Information Sheets (and public announcements or travel warnings, if applicable) for the countries you plan to visit.
3. Leave a copy of your itinerary, passport data page and visas with family and friends at home, so you can be contacted in an emergency
4. Make sure you have insurance to cover their medical needs abroad.
5. Familiarize yourself with the laws and customs, especially when it comes to dressing and social.
6. Do not leave your luggage unattended in public areas and never accept packages from strangers.
7. Do not announce that you travel alone!
8. Do not wear visible clothing and expensive jewelry and do not carry excessive amounts of money or unnecessary credit cards.
9. Before leaving his hotel to ask directions.
10. Make sure that the administration intends to maintain good security and easy access to transportation.